Cybersecurity Protection, Assessment, Action Plan, & Training
How Tech Lab Can Help
When you have your own computer, you are vulnerable to viruses, malware, and hacking. Cybersecurity is all about protecting people, systems, and data from online digital attacks.
A cyber attack can happen to anyone. Say a hack happens and the hacker gets all of your digital data, what would happen to you? Imagine what this hacker could do with this information. This not only exposes your customers to a lot of problems, but is also one that ends a lot of small businesses due to the financial and legal implications.
It is more cost effective to be proactive than reactive. Tech Lab can provide:
- A comprehensive software suite to protect your technology
- Data backups, recovery, and disaster planning
- HIPAA, PCI, and compliance management
- Antivirus software and anti-malware software
- A cybersecurity risk analysis and crisis planning
- Cybersecurity training
Tech Lab offers a comprehensive TechVigilance program which can be used by companies to be proactive about their technology and wrap all of these services together. The fixed monthly costs are predictable and cover fixing any problems with unlimited help desk support. Most circumstances are covered under the program so you can rest assured you are protected.
“I was recommended to tech lab from Home Advisor Services. I brought my computer to Tech Lab where they removed all unneeded programs, cleaned up the system, explained and implemented icloud form. I was very pleased with their service at the office and at home. I had an attempt to be scammed but stopped that and called Tech Lab to confirm that it did not happen and was assured my computer was not compromised. Their service was very satisfying and left me with confidence to contact them again.”
How do I know if I am a victim of a cyber attack?
- You can’t access information that you normally can
- Charges you didn’t make show up on your financial statements
- Your computer acts weird
- Records show that people are using the system when they usually don’t
- You get messages saying that you’ve been hacked
- Others report messages from you that you didn’t send
- You have lost money or asked to pay ransom for data
What do I do if I aM a victim of a cyber attack?
- Stop. Take a breath. It is easy to panic and make the situation worse.
- Even if you’re not sure, first call in an expert.
- If you have cybersecurity insurance, be sure to follow what your agent is asking you to do. Be sure to reach out and follow what your agent asks you to do.
- Time is of the essence.
- Even if you think you know the correct course of action, first call a Tech Lab expert for a second opinion. It may save you significant time and money.
How can I prevent a cyber attack?
- Plan for what you would do if there is a cyber attack. For example, consider backups and cybersecurity insurance. If you need a recommendation, Tech Lab partners with Jackson Bubolz with Elevated Insurance. Tell Jackson we sent you!
- Make sure your computer and network are secure. For example, install antivirus and antimalware programs, use good passwords, only connect to secure networks & use a separate WIFI for guests.
- Educate yourself to learn about scams and get cybersecurity training.
- Think before you act (or click). If it seems too good to be true (i.e., you won a contest), it is likely a scam.
So many options are available to you just to use the internet. Which browser should I use? Do I need an adblocker? What are cookies? First of all, what browser do you choose? Google Chrome is the most secure and Tech Lab’s recommended browser. Mozilla Firefox and...
IT providers can offer a wide range of services. Not every provider is going to work for every company. Consider these areas to see which are important to you as you look for your next IT provider.
Recently, we are seeing some more sophisticated scam e-mails, this is a good time to discuss e-mail safety. First, if you’re not sure about an e-mail, contact Tech Lab at 414-208-4682, and we’ll take a look at it for you.
How to Get Started
Request a consultation so that we can discuss your needs. The consultation is all about discovery and learning more about you and your business. Then, we will send you a customized proposal.
Once we have a standard work order and a plan in place, we implement the solution, standardize and optimize, and ultimately maintain and sustain the system.